Monday, July 3, 2017

Trois-Rivières

This particular city in Quebec is absolutely adorable. The city is pretty tiny in itself. Commuting in the city seems like a breeze. Walking around the city taking in all the sites seems like the best method of seeing the beautiful artistry of the buildings. The hospitality that was shown here had me wanting to stay longer but maybe just during the summer months. Not to mention among other things, you can always find what you need just a few blocks away.

While working, I injured by hand with what seemed like a small cut but it turned out to be a deep cut. I thought i could just take care of it with just wrapping it and leaving it elevated but that was simply not the case. I had to go to the emergency room at the nearest hospital. While there, I noticed a few things, one the waiting room was entirely full when I get there. I mean wall to wall people. Two, no save for a couple of people spoke english. (Which by all right French is the language mainly used in this province. Three, there emergency rooms moved with a quickness regardless of the person’s injuries.

When I walked in I spoke with a gentleman at security who pointed me over to triage. The Triage nurse was male and could quite understand my English nor could i understand his French. Another nurse whom I could only surmise was the head nurse came over and asked if i had any insurance or if I were a Canadian resident. I did have insurance but they seemed to didn’t care all that much about it. While providing my documentation she asked if I had met the president of the US since i lived in Maryland. I replied with a chuckle and a no. (President at the time was Barack Obama)

When the nurses were done stitching my finger, I asked for discharge papers and how much the charge would be, the nurses just laughed then said don’t worry about the charge. She hand me my discharge papers with both English and French and told me to get some rest. I thanked both nurses went back to my hotel and was feeling much be.

Seriously one of the best experiences I have had with an Emergency Room ever.

Besides that incident everything on the trip was as expected. Returning is definitely an option in the future.

I've Been Almost Everywhere, United States

And still going

No comments:

Post a Comment