Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Independent Woman

I recently spoke with a young lady who has brought up the topic of independent women. From her point of view, and what she has been taught, women that want to express their independence has to do this from the male sex has to stand alone in the regards for herself. Basically sholdering the responsibility of ones self as well as house hold. I had to disagree as I do not see it that way.

This is my interpertation of what I think the ideal of an independent Woman embodies.

An independent woman has characteritics and traits of being self reliant, stable, self aware, and the ability to care for ones self. Now these are only a few traits not all. More notably she is able to decern when help or assistance is needed and welcomed.

As a woman sometimes we do shoulder the brunt all the world has to offer to prove to ones self of our capabilities or to prove to others of those capabilities. However, with age comes wisdom. I can honestly say once upon a time i thought this was something that was apart of my womanly makeup. having to be and do all. Having to not rely on any one and stand as my own person without help. That thought process changed when I was able to observe the toll that type of thinking takes on your psyche.

Even though you can take care of yourself (which you should be able to do by all means) financial, physically, and spiritually as a woman you can have assistance from time to time.

To recognizing independence as a woman as a strength you must also accept being aided when necessary as one as well.

Our society in my perspective likes to exploit weakness, whether it be in the work place, communities or even online. We often dont want to be seen as weak amongst our peers or children. So we maintain a brave face and endure for the sake of ourselves and families.

We are more than our faults, weaknesses and insecurities. We have more to offer, we are more. So to end my spiel. I fell we can be independent and have good dependencies. To know and to recognize when help is warranted is apart of growing as a woman and the independence that you essentially have.

No comments:

Post a Comment