Sunday, September 20, 2015

Finances

Finances!

It is one of those subjects that seemed so foreign to me in my younger years. I didn't quite understand why they were so important to maintain. In my early 20s I spent a lot of time spending recklessly and just doing whatever I wanted with my money. I just didn't take the time to make sure that they had been taken care of properly. And that is never a good thing. 

Now that i am in my early 30s and have seen the damage of what spending with out regard can do, I have been on a constant watch of what my finances look like what type of credit i use and not to much questioning every purchase to ensure that it is reasonable. I look back at the times when my mother taught me how to balance a check back at 8 years of age or when my dad refused to give me the money to go to driving school stating if i want it bad enough i will make a way to get it.

At those times i didn't really see what the big deal was, but now i know. I know what i am suppose to do and how i am suppose to do it.

A co-worker of mine gave me some good advice on banking, interest rates, and loan repayments and some other tidbits that have helped so much. Honestly if he hadn't mentioned them i would have not even thought about it or probably would have continued finding out the hard way. Looking at those things so far in a mere 5 months after that conversation, I have improved my credit score as well as gotten a better rate on interest for banking and lowered quite a few of my debts. Needless to say I was in the right place at the right time with the right person. And he has the best taste in music. You can't really go wrong listening to a guy with great music taste. So I have a big thank you to hand out.

At this point in my life, fixing that every changing financial situations lifts an usually tough burden from my shoulders so I can do the things I have set out to do. I will be relocating to a new city shortly for a change of scenery. Possibly getting a vacation in there, and if all keeps going well buy a home. Short term changes and long term benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment